I don’t cook very often. My husband is the true chef in our home and there are only a few recipes I make that everyone seems to enjoy.
My personal favorite is a super simple recipe for Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas with Green Sauce.
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 lb. grated cheese
- 1 small onion – diced
- 6 – 8 tortillas (I had 9 tortillas left last time I made this, which is how many you’ll see in the above photo)
- 1 16 oz. jar of Herdez® Salsa Verde
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 475.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite size chunks, add to tortillas (I usually stand up tortillas like taco shells inside glass dish (13 x 9) and fill assembly-line style).
- Add diced onions, cheese and generous portion of enchilada sauce to each tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla and pour on the additional cheese and remaining sauce.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes.
- Smother with sour cream (optional).
I’d love for you to try this super simple recipe and let me know how your family enjoyed it.